Skip to main content

Short & Sweet: If You Ask me (And Of Course You Won't) by Betty White

Photo from Goodreads
I have a new book to add to my speed reading record list! Yes I know I'm a fast reader, but most of the time I don't realize I'm reading that much that fast.  Like when I read The Hunger Games for the first time, I had to stop myself at 3 in the morning from finishing the whole book at once!  This time I wasn't that lost in the story, but it had large print and extremely short chapters (most likely because it was written by a senior citizen)  I'm talking about Betty White's sixth book If you Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't).

It's an advice book without being an advice book.  Of course you want to know Betty White's thought on subjects like aging, loss, and children! Why wouldn't you?  The chapters were topic oriented and specific to something that Betty had experienced in her own life.  I liked the chapter set up ( I'm a sucker for short chapters anyways). They were so easy to read, that I was done before I even knew it.  I would give this a 6 out of 10. Slightly better than average, but still its not for everyone.  If you like Betty White then you should probably check this out, if you're not into the Golden Girls I'd skip. That's all for now, until next time!

<3's Laterz

P.S. She's done some really interesting things in her 90+ years on this earth.  It really is an nice read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

I don't think it's any surprise that I love meself some YA! I think I was introduced to a blurb about The Selection series in Newsweek ...kidding it was an issue of Seventeen I was reading at the Dentist? Whatever it doesn't matter, all you need to know is that its awesome! A Dystopian America that's now a smaller fragile absolute monarchy and has a caste system??? Uh yes please! The series (originally a trilogy) is narrated by America Singer, a 5 (there are 8 castes) who lives in post WW3 (could be WW4 I honestly don't remember) Illea province named Carolina. As Artists, 5's are 3rd from the bottom in the caste system. I would equate them to the typical American family today, not well off, but they feel the struggle of staying afloat throughout the year. As per tradition with all the Princes of Illea a selection is held, where 35 girls throughout the kingdom compete for his hand in marriage. Kinda like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games with less bloodshe...

Memoir of the Sunday Brunch by Julia Pandl

Woo Woo 2014, a month late but hey I'm a busy girl. So I've tackled the first book of the new year and it was Julia Pandl's Memoir of the Sunday Brunch.   Pandl a stand-up comic originally from the Milwaukee area tells, personal family tales of her sweet, but often failed childhood memories. From being the youngest of nine to free child-slave labor at her father's restaurant. Told in two parts, the first of funny brunch serving, sibling squabbles, and a lot of twitching; The second of more recent memories of caring for someone who once cared for you. Photo Courtesy of Goodreads.com "I thought my dad was just like every other dad, until the day I worked my first Sunday Brunch" Be prepared for the second half of the book to shock you emotionally. It goes from a funny eye rolling recount of childhood, transitioning into being an adult child with rapidly aging parents. The second half was particularly heartwarming and sweet. Of course there's still som...

Putting Some Positive Force Into My Life with my October 2015 Birchbox!

Birchbox yay! Not too bad of a box this month I have to say. Usually I have a lot of gripes about them, but I think 5 out of the 6 items (yes 6! I got a bonus this month) were really nice finds and I've already incorporated them into my beauty routine. So enough blabbering let's get to it! Borghese Fango Purificante Clay Cleanser/Full-size $30 This gentle foaming formula deep cleans like a mask as it soothes skin. I've never used a clay cleanser before, masks weekly, cleanser nope. I've always wanted to try Borghese, so this is the perfect sample for me. It comes in at 1 fl oz, which is your typical cleanser sample size, and I've been using it everyday since I got it! Which is odd because I typically just throw the cleansers I get from BB in a box of stuff I use for the gym or travel, I mean I didn't even use the Acure cleanser yet, sorry Acure. I was surprised that this was very liquidy, and it has a slight perfumey scent. Nothing overwhelming though and...