Skip to main content

Brush. Whiten. Go! Brought to you by Influenster

In Febrary I was selected to reeive another voxbox from Influenster.  If you don't know about Influenster, it's a website where you can review products, unlock badges, and be selected for their testing program called "voxbox". Voxbox is a free program where you take a pre-qualification survey and if you qualify you'll receive a brand or themed box. This is my fourth box, so far I've only received brand only boxes.  Meaning I've never gotten a specialty themed box. This particular box was from Colgate Optic White & I got to try their new Brush. Whiten. Go toothbrush.

In their newest addition to the Optic White line, (which already includes toothpaste, mouthwash, and other toothbrushes) they have decided to branch out into the whitening pen market. Also included in my kit were several coupons and a travel size of Optic White toothpaste.  I have used this toothpaste before and discontinued use after I noticed a sensitivity developing in my teeth.  For testing purposes though, I decided to use the whole tube for maximum results.

My normal brushing routine is twice daily, along with using mouthwash, and a nightly flossing.  I know, I know I should be flossing 2-3x daily, but really who has time for that?  After brushing with the nylon bristle and rubber scrubber headed toothbrush, you just use a couple click of the pen and slather the whitening serum onto your teeth.  As directed I used two clicks per a row, which seemed to do the trick.  The whitening pen itself has little rubber bristles to scrub the product on. The package says whiter teeth in two days, I'm not too sure I noticed that.

After one week was when I noticed results, which I think is a fair assessment.  The toothpaste went a little quicker (because it was a trial size) and after I used the tube I did notice the sensitivity coming back in my teeth.  So if you are prone to tooth sensitivity I would skip anything from the Optic White line and try the Total+Whitening line.  The toothbrush itself does its basic job.  I don't feel like it cleaned my teeth any better than my Crest Spinbrush.  The wide square rubber bristles are very odd and sometimes feel like their not really moving on my teeth.  That's probably the point though, because I think they're made for scrubbing the stains off your teeth.
The white in the middle are the scrubbing rubber bristles.

I would definitely recommend getting this product and trying it out.  I would say the whitening pen (which you store inside the toothbrush) alone makes this a good buy.  For $12.99 at mass retailers I do think it's a bit pricey.  Especially since I've only been using it since February 25th and the whitening solution is almost gone.  So if you're buying it just for the pen, it'll probably get a bit pricey for you.  Just to try this product though, I say it's definitely a good choice.  Every voxbox I've gotten has been consistently better.  This one was definitely better because now I have whiter teeth! I've also been notified that I'll be getting the univoxbox, which will be a collection of different products. I'm excited to see what's in that and will be letting you guys know about it.  That's all for now, until next time!


<3's Laterz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

I don't think it's any surprise that I love meself some YA! I think I was introduced to a blurb about The Selection series in Newsweek ...kidding it was an issue of Seventeen I was reading at the Dentist? Whatever it doesn't matter, all you need to know is that its awesome! A Dystopian America that's now a smaller fragile absolute monarchy and has a caste system??? Uh yes please! The series (originally a trilogy) is narrated by America Singer, a 5 (there are 8 castes) who lives in post WW3 (could be WW4 I honestly don't remember) Illea province named Carolina. As Artists, 5's are 3rd from the bottom in the caste system. I would equate them to the typical American family today, not well off, but they feel the struggle of staying afloat throughout the year. As per tradition with all the Princes of Illea a selection is held, where 35 girls throughout the kingdom compete for his hand in marriage. Kinda like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games with less bloodshe...

Dr. Scholl's Actives for Her (Brought to you by Influenster)

Time for another Influenster review! This time its a one product review box, I've only done these for Influenster. I know some people get the themed Voxboxes with all the fun goodies, but I tend to only qualify for the one brand review ones. Its all good though, I still enjoy them and love trying free stuff! Even if I do end up giving it all away like I did my Mary Kay stuff (sans the Lash Primer). For this box I qualified to receive a free pair of Dr. Scholl's Active Series Inserts for Her. They retail for $19.99 at Target and $24.99 at Walgreens.  A little pricey for just one pair of insoles, but then again if you work out a lot or are just a sneaker fan in general, you may want to invest in a pair of quality insoles; not only for comfort, but also to extend the life of your sneaks (trainers, for those across the pond). The 'Her' insoles will be for shoe sizes 5.5-8 & 8.5-11, and the 'Him' insoles will fit 7.5-10 & 10.5-13. They are easy to be shap...

Getting it done!

A Book with More Than 500 Pages: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Set in Another Country: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book That was Originally Written in a Different Language: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Written by an Author with the Same Initials: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book You Started but Never Finished: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson I know that this is probably a lot of cheating, like a lot a lot, but these two books covered everythingggg. Its most likely also cheating because I listened to both of these books on "tape". Why would I do such a thing like that? Because I found the first book ( The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ) incredibly difficult to read. The books are translate from Swedish and I appreciate the time it must take to actually do that, but sometimes the sentence structure isn't always how I would like it to be. Any ...