Skip to main content

Soak It Up! ~August 2015 Birchbox!~

Ahh August is almost over! This is my least favorite month, because it always feels 10x longer and its wayyyyy too hot! I'm a little late with my post because I worked the Pokemon World Championships and unable to try products immediately, so here we go! BTW I loved the design of the box this month, so cute with the little 3D pool! I've now stored hair-ties, clips, and headbands in it and put it on display in my bathroom cabinet.

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer- Full Size $20
Packed with antioxidants and humectants, this rich cream hydrates and revitalizes dry or dull skin.
I tried this for the first time on Sunday and I was pleasantly surprised. I really didn't want another moisturizer to add to my overgrown collection, but this turned out well. When I read the description I thought it might be a cheaper (but still expensive) option to the Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream, which I love, but I didn't find it to be. The scent is strong, but you can't smell the product once its on your face, and I do feel that it's light as "air". I don't think it did anything special to my overly oily skin, which can look dull at times. Final Grade: C+, Would Not Purchase

Benefit Cosmetics Air Patrol- Full Size $29
New! The first BB primer made just for your eyelids, this cream color corrects and protects delicate skin. 
I haven't actually tried this yet, but I'm always up for trying pre-releases from Benefit! I'm worried though that it'll be too moisturizing for my lids, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

DevaCurl SuperCream Coconut Curl Styler- Full Size $28
Lightweight formula that conditions, enhances, and defines waves and curls while calming frizz. 
I've never used DevaCurl before because I'm such a Miss Jessie's loyalist, but I've liked using this product. It was an absolutely generous sample size. A little bit does in fact go a long way, but controlling frizz in the long term didn't really work out. Final Grade: B, Possibly Would Purchase

LAQA & Co. Charm School Kit- Set of 3 $20
This creamy crayon delivers a rich, easy to apply color for both lips and cheeks. 
These chubby sticks can be used for both lips and cheeks, but I'll most likely only use it as a lip color. I'm not really into cream cheek colors. I received the color Humble Brag and its a really nice medium pink, although it looks a little clownish on me. I think Birchbox.com called it baby pink, but I would disagree. I really enjoy that it's super pigmented and matte, but it's very drying on my lips. Its also broken at the bottom so it really doesn't lock when you twist it down. You also don't get a lot of product in general from the sample. Final Grade: C, Would Not Buy

R+Co DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo- Full Size $17-$29
Style refreshing spray that saps excess oil, gives hair volume and body, and adds tousled texture. 
This was my sample choice this month. I love dry shampoo and I had never heard of this brand before, so I gave it a try! It isn't a bad dry shampoo, sprays clear, does a decent job, but not worth the price. Batiste is my favorite dry shampoo and this one doesn't compare. It was nice to try though in case I'm ever in the mood to splurge or see it on sale. Final Grade: B+, Would Buy

Not a bad box this month, I'm really impressed with DevaCurl and the overall size of my samples this month. Today we got to choose our sample for September and I decided to get the Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil Mini in Medium Brown
! I've always wanted to try it, its actually a shade darker than what I would normally be in her line of products, but I'm still excited! That's all for now!

<3's Laterz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

I don't think it's any surprise that I love meself some YA! I think I was introduced to a blurb about The Selection series in Newsweek ...kidding it was an issue of Seventeen I was reading at the Dentist? Whatever it doesn't matter, all you need to know is that its awesome! A Dystopian America that's now a smaller fragile absolute monarchy and has a caste system??? Uh yes please! The series (originally a trilogy) is narrated by America Singer, a 5 (there are 8 castes) who lives in post WW3 (could be WW4 I honestly don't remember) Illea province named Carolina. As Artists, 5's are 3rd from the bottom in the caste system. I would equate them to the typical American family today, not well off, but they feel the struggle of staying afloat throughout the year. As per tradition with all the Princes of Illea a selection is held, where 35 girls throughout the kingdom compete for his hand in marriage. Kinda like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games with less bloodshe...

Dr. Scholl's Actives for Her (Brought to you by Influenster)

Time for another Influenster review! This time its a one product review box, I've only done these for Influenster. I know some people get the themed Voxboxes with all the fun goodies, but I tend to only qualify for the one brand review ones. Its all good though, I still enjoy them and love trying free stuff! Even if I do end up giving it all away like I did my Mary Kay stuff (sans the Lash Primer). For this box I qualified to receive a free pair of Dr. Scholl's Active Series Inserts for Her. They retail for $19.99 at Target and $24.99 at Walgreens.  A little pricey for just one pair of insoles, but then again if you work out a lot or are just a sneaker fan in general, you may want to invest in a pair of quality insoles; not only for comfort, but also to extend the life of your sneaks (trainers, for those across the pond). The 'Her' insoles will be for shoe sizes 5.5-8 & 8.5-11, and the 'Him' insoles will fit 7.5-10 & 10.5-13. They are easy to be shap...

Getting it done!

A Book with More Than 500 Pages: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Set in Another Country: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book That was Originally Written in a Different Language: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Written by an Author with the Same Initials: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book You Started but Never Finished: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson I know that this is probably a lot of cheating, like a lot a lot, but these two books covered everythingggg. Its most likely also cheating because I listened to both of these books on "tape". Why would I do such a thing like that? Because I found the first book ( The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ) incredibly difficult to read. The books are translate from Swedish and I appreciate the time it must take to actually do that, but sometimes the sentence structure isn't always how I would like it to be. Any ...