Skip to main content

Summer Reading List 2015

Yes I still make my own summer reading lists and they're awesome! I like to only read "summer themed" books during the summer months, so starting June 1st until August 31 I only read off of that list. The criteria to get on the list is the plot takes place during the summer, the cover is summer themed, or the title is summer themed. Right now I have 36 books on my list, but that can always get bigger, or I might not even finish (I still have a couple of books left over from last summers list). I read some pretty bomb books last summer, and I've already picked up my first 3 to start. On my list for this year I have:
  • Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
  • Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
  • Wicked Charms (Lizzie & Diesel #3) by Janet Evanovich
  • Diamond Head by Cecily Wong
  • Single, Carefree, Mellow by Katherine Heiny
  • Oh! You Pretty Things by Shanna Mahin
  • Eat, Drink, & Remarry: Confessions of a Serial Wife by Margo Howard
  • Yes Please by Amy Poehler
  • The Amateurs by  David Halberstam
  • Witches of the East End (The Beauchamp Family #1) by Melissa de la Cruz
  • Rules of Summer (Rules of Summer #1) by Joanna Philbin
  • Since Last Summer (Rules of Summer #2) by Joanna Philbin
  • We Were Liars by e. Lockhart
  • Where You Left Me by Jennifer Gardner Trulsen
  • After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family 1968 to the Present by Randy J. Taroborrelli
  • End of the Point by Elizabeth Graver
  • The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • Brooklyn Girls (Brooklyn Girls #1) by Gemma Burgess
  • The Rocks by Peter Nichols
  • The Agent: My 40 Year Career Making Deals & Changing the Game by Leigh Steinberg
  • Let's Spend the Night Together: Backstage Memories of Rock Muses & Supergroupies by Pamela Des Barres
  • Save the Date: The Occasional Mortification's of a Serial Wedding Guest by Jen Doll
  • The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
  • Sum It Up: 1,098 Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective by Pat Summitt
  • Life in Spite of Me: Extraordinary Hope After a Fatal Choice by Kristen Jane Anderson
  • Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday
  • Buyoant: How Water & Willpower Helped Wella to Channel Aaron & Hayley Peirsol by Wella Hartig
  • Pinch Me by Adena Halpern
  • Swimming by Nicola Keegan
  • The Motion of the Ocean: 1 Small Boat, 2 Average Lovers, & a Woman's Search for the Meaning of Wife by Janna Esarey Cawrse
  • Flip-Flopped by Jill Smolinski
  • Wining Balance: What I've Learned So Far about Love, Faith, & Living Your Dream by Shawn Johnson
  • Come to the Edge by Christina Haag
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Summer Secrets by Jane Green
I read The Great Gatsby every summer, it's just what I do (it really is a great summer beach read). I also had to delete The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson, it sounded awesome butttt I couldn't find it through the library system or even on bn.com for my Nook, so I will not be reading it. I do not pay for books. I read too much to be doing that. Also I have some holds at the libby that should be coming through this summer. At least I hope they do because I am really looking forward to reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant. I have already knocked off We Were Liars by e. Lockhart, it was interesting. Actually it wasn't at all interesting, it was extremely predictable and not worth my time to read. Anywho check back for that review within the coming days. That's all for now!

<3's Laterz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

I don't think it's any surprise that I love meself some YA! I think I was introduced to a blurb about The Selection series in Newsweek ...kidding it was an issue of Seventeen I was reading at the Dentist? Whatever it doesn't matter, all you need to know is that its awesome! A Dystopian America that's now a smaller fragile absolute monarchy and has a caste system??? Uh yes please! The series (originally a trilogy) is narrated by America Singer, a 5 (there are 8 castes) who lives in post WW3 (could be WW4 I honestly don't remember) Illea province named Carolina. As Artists, 5's are 3rd from the bottom in the caste system. I would equate them to the typical American family today, not well off, but they feel the struggle of staying afloat throughout the year. As per tradition with all the Princes of Illea a selection is held, where 35 girls throughout the kingdom compete for his hand in marriage. Kinda like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games with less bloodshe...

Dr. Scholl's Actives for Her (Brought to you by Influenster)

Time for another Influenster review! This time its a one product review box, I've only done these for Influenster. I know some people get the themed Voxboxes with all the fun goodies, but I tend to only qualify for the one brand review ones. Its all good though, I still enjoy them and love trying free stuff! Even if I do end up giving it all away like I did my Mary Kay stuff (sans the Lash Primer). For this box I qualified to receive a free pair of Dr. Scholl's Active Series Inserts for Her. They retail for $19.99 at Target and $24.99 at Walgreens.  A little pricey for just one pair of insoles, but then again if you work out a lot or are just a sneaker fan in general, you may want to invest in a pair of quality insoles; not only for comfort, but also to extend the life of your sneaks (trainers, for those across the pond). The 'Her' insoles will be for shoe sizes 5.5-8 & 8.5-11, and the 'Him' insoles will fit 7.5-10 & 10.5-13. They are easy to be shap...

Getting it done!

A Book with More Than 500 Pages: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Set in Another Country: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book That was Originally Written in a Different Language: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson A Book Written by an Author with the Same Initials: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson A Book You Started but Never Finished: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson I know that this is probably a lot of cheating, like a lot a lot, but these two books covered everythingggg. Its most likely also cheating because I listened to both of these books on "tape". Why would I do such a thing like that? Because I found the first book ( The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ) incredibly difficult to read. The books are translate from Swedish and I appreciate the time it must take to actually do that, but sometimes the sentence structure isn't always how I would like it to be. Any ...